Senior Sound Designer
18 days ago
Job Title:Senior Sound Designer
Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch team is looking for a dedicated Senior Sound Designer to help craft epic new heroes, missions, maps, and events for Overwatch 2. We seek a Senior Sound Designer capable of creating iconic sound and gameplay cues while bringing innovative ideas and techniques to the franchise. We desire someone who loves games, game audio, plays Overwatch, and is truly passionate about their craft and further advancing their skills.
The ideal candidate should have 6+ years’ experience, a proven artistic “voice”, and fluently understand the vital role of sound in gameplay. Candidate should be comfortable owning significant game audio features from concept to final and be able to collaborate across multiple disciplines to realize projects’ goals. Candidate must be technically proficient with tools, processes, sound theory, and be able to work well individually and as part of Overwatch’s highly collaborative sound team.
The Sound Designer will work closely with their Sound Supervisor as well as all game team disciplines to deliver immersive and informative sound that aligns with the creative vision of Overwatch 2. Candidate should be an excellent communicator both in person and online, be able to respond to direction, and make audio experiences that meld story and personality seamlessly with gameplay.
- Highly creative and committed to excellence
- Passionate about games and game audio
- Capable of taking ownership
- 6+ years of game team sound design and implementation experience
- Proven track record creating amazing original content
- Able to advise and mentor others as needed
- Able to complete work thoroughly and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively with other teams
- Proven experience crafting sound-to-picture
- Experience implementing sound for surround formats
- Experience field recording and with outstanding audio source creation
- Experience working with both commercial and proprietary audio and implementation tools on multiple platforms
- Development experience with first person shooters
- Experience using Wise and Reaper
- Computer-readable or level-design style scripting or light programming knowledge
- Console game implementation
- Proficient in Blizzard games and lore
- Experience in post-production
- Background in music production (though music composition is not within the scope of this job)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Online demo of proven experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.