Senior Sound Designer
9 days ago
Job Title:Senior Sound Designer
As a Senior Sound Designer at Infinity Ward, you will use your technical and creative audio skills to bring life to the action in our next big adventure. Joining an award winning team, you will help create a cinematic soundscape for our next AAA title from inception, leveraging your passion, experience and critical thinking to help guide team decisions and provide valuable input to your peers. All while applying your own craft to deliver experiences that exceed player expectations. As a leader in the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you, while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, implementation, post-production, and audio engineering.
- Create and implement sound effects.
- Conduct and assist with field recordings.
- Assist with audio R&D and tool development.
- Work closely with design team to interpret needs.
- 5+ years of industry related experience (with two or more published AAA game credits).
- Extensive audio recording, processing, and mixing skills – particularly with sound effects and dialog.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with current pro audio tools, such Pro-Tools, Sound Forge, Waves and other high-end plug-ins, etc. – as well as professional outboard gear, recording gear, and microphones.
- Understanding of next gen console audio functionality and capabilities.
- Excellent PC/Mac skills and proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Surround-sound (Dolby Digital/AC3, Pro-Logic I/II) mixing experience is a plus.
- Programming or scripting skills is a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude.
- College degree (or equivalent) preferred, but not required.