Senior Sound Designer
11 days ago
10 Chambers is a game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. We are an ambitious, creative and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games. Right now, we’re working on GTFO, a 4-player co-op action FPS currently in Early Access.
We are looking for a full-time, on-site Senior Sound Designer who is passionate about sound design and implementation and has a strong sense of quality.
You will be responsible for all aspects of sound design in our productions: Designing, gathering, editing, processing and mixing sounds, as well as working with programmers to integrate the sound triggering and behavior in our games. You will also put sounds to – and mix – any trailers we create in-house.
You will work closely with our game- and narrative directors to ensure that the audio design lines up with the vision for the game as a whole. You will take over and improve upon the sound design and sound systems of GTFO (our FPS action & horror game) and help create and maintain the sound design visions and systems for our future titles.
What you will do
- Create sound effects based on library assets and custom recordings.
- Manipulate, edit and mix the individual sounds that make up the game's audio.
- Implement sounds in Wwise and set up RTPCs, switches, states, etc. to make them accessible to the game engine.
- Mix the game's audio as a cohesive entirety.
- Keep the Wwise projects and audio libraries organized.
- Provide sounds for marketing media such as trailers and micro sites.
- Perform audio play-tests, QA and assist in audio bug-fixing.
- Complete the initial sound test – see instructions under the headline “Essential application details” below.
- 3+ years of experience as a professional game sound designer, working full cycle on at least one FPS and/or 3rd person 3D game with swiveling camera.
- Be passionate about sound design and implementation, and have a strong sense of quality.
- Have a "put the end result first" mindset, and an ability to adapt methods to deadlines.
- Have a strong ability to be self-directing and work independently.
- Be proficient in Audiokinetic Wwise. There will be a test in a later round .
- Be able to adapt to an established Wwise structure and sound design style (for our existing game; "GTFO").
- Be able to shape and organize a sound design direction from scratch (for our future projects).
- Be collaborative and have a strong ability to communicate with other dev team members.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (Swedish is not a requirement).
- Experience with Reaper.
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience with audio memory management.
- Experience with sound design on multi-platform title(s).
- Experience with field recordings.
Essential application details
As you submit your application, you will automatically be sent an e-mail containing an audio file and a PDF file with instructions regarding the essential application test. If you do not receive an e-mail immediately, please check your spam filter.
You can take as much time as you want with the test (it's not a speed test), but we expect you to submit your assignment no later than about one week after you submitted your application.
The position is on-site in our Stockholm office, meaning you need to live in (or be willing to relocate to) Stockholm, Sweden. We will be happy to assist in relocating to Sweden.
We want an open and inclusive work environment where everybody feels needed and safe and is treated equally and with respect. At 10 Chambers we welcome everyone regardless of gender, transgender identity or expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Today our team consists of 15 different nationalities and the office language is English.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.