Senior Sound Designer (Contract)
17 days ago
Our studio is looking for a Sound Designer with a passion for games and fantastic sound design. Your role will be to create outstanding audio content, design and implement effective audio solutions with Unity and Wwise, and helping the Audio Director to achieve their vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an exceptional sound designer with a diverse portfolio of outstanding content.
- You are passionate about gaming and strive to create amazing audio experiences for gamers.
- You are both creative and technical; understanding that implementation and mixing play a crucial role in the overall quality of the audio experience.
- You are a team player who can collaborate across disciplines but can also work semi autonomously with minimal supervision.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Designing and implementing sounds for cinematics and/or interactive content.
- Collaborating with gameplay and design teams to ensure audio is providing the best possible player feedback.
- Playtesting the game for both audio QA purposes and giving notes on the overall player experience.
- Collaborating with the Audio Director to develop and refine our in-game audio systems and implementation pipelines.
- Meeting with the Audio Director to review your most recent work.
- Sound Designer with games industry experience and at least 1 complete cycle of a shipped AA or AAA game.
- Ability to produce world class sounds in line with the creative vision.
- Skilled in a variety of sound design from real world to synthetic.
- Advanced Wwise user.
- Experience implementing audio in Unity3D.
- Self-management and organization skills, ability to work independently.
- Experience of working with speech and dialogue.
- Ability to bug test and fix own work.
- Demo reel that showcases the quality and variety of your work.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). • Proficient DAW usage (Ableton, Nuendo, Cubase, Pro Tools desirable).
- Music composition/instrument proficiency.
- College degree (audio related).
- Video production experience.
- Software development experience.
- Have knowledge of recent music trends and genres and the ability to reference existing styles in music production and composition.
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.