Senior Sound Designer (007)
17 days ago
IO Interactive is looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join our Project: 007 audio team, creating a soundtrack to the ultimate spy-craft fantasy. You’ll be joining an existing team to help drive and execute our ambitious vision for the sound of a new James Bond. The ideal candidate is an experienced game sound designer, comfortable from the recording and design phase, all the way through realizing your work in Wwise and game engine. As well as being a strong designer, you’ll bring your expertise and experience to others on the team, so we accomplish our goals together. You will craft the experience that resonates for years to come and is enjoyed by millions of gamers, and Bond fans alike!
The role is open on-site at our Malmö, Barcelona or Copenhagen studio.
*This is not a music or music composition role. We can only consider candidates who can provide demonstrations of their sound design work along with their application.
What you will do:
- Work with the Audio Director, and Lead Sound Designer to execute the sound vision, alongside the rest of the audio and development team for our exciting new IP, Project: 007
- Design sound effects and audio assets from pre-recorded material, or create them through synthesis and recording.
- Equally improve and implement them in our proprietary tools, with a close ear on the combined game experience.
- Get to be part of it all – from initial concept sound design to technical implementation, and collaboration with production and other disciplines.
- Be a core part of delivering interactive audio and solutions, that match our tradition of outstanding, immersive game experiences.
Who you are:
- Sociable, have a strong sense of ownership, and enjoy both sharing your knowledge and learning from your team.
- Able to own sound categories of the game, and execute from concept to final mix, collaborating with the audio team and cross-discipline developers.
- Relentlessly improving sound, creating prototypes, implementing, and having a knack for communicating your creative choices.
- +5 years experience designing sound and have done so for at least one AAA title.
- Highly versed in implementing sound by scripting in Unreal, Unity, or any AAA game engine.
- Virtuoso of Wwise Middleware.
We would love it if you had:
- Bachelor's or Master's in sound/audio design or similar work experience.
- Prior experience in visual scripting environments like Unreal blueprints.
- Strong ear for character sound design, foley, and a passion for field recording original sounds.
- Generalist background but if you have a specialty, then let us know. We would love to know what you can bring to the table that we may need!
Who we are
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
A team, above all. If you join our studio, you can expect us to value your work and impact, encourage your efforts, and listen to your insights. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that.
Don't expect to be alone. We have over 30 nationalities working in our Copenhagen, Barcelona, and Malmö studios. We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome to our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued, and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and having fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Kasper a, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English - We will start interviewing as applications come in, so don't hesitate to apply right away.