Senior Software developer Mobile
19 days ago
Unity is seeking a senior software developer to join our volumetric team with a background in cross platform mobile development. You will be working as an engineer in a small yet agile team building rapid prototypes of ambitious ideas. We are building interactive spectator technology for sports franchises, performers, volumetric capture partners and more.
At Unity, we are seeking to remove the limitations of conventional thinking about how mobile experiences are built and unlock their full potential. We strive to make every use of the hardware available to render millions of points while weaving through the complexity of thermal limits, throttling and battery life.
Your experience in software automation, mobile tools and engine-level tech on mobile and your attention to writing fast and maintainable code will contribute to crafting applications that reinvent and redefine how users consume sports and esports content. Do you have a desire to reimagine how entertainment media can work?
What you’ll be doing
- Prototype and create next-generation mobile experience for sports & entertainment.
- Integrate & port Unity’s volumetric rendering capabilities to mobile platforms.
- Design and implement new reusable cross-platform features for rendering volumetric videos.
- Collaborate with developers, product owners, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets Unity standards.
- Anticipating performance issues on mobile platforms and forming plans to mitigate them
What we’re looking for
- Validated skills with C#, Objective-C and Swift with knowledge of 3D Math, graphics algorithm and realtime rendering.
- Knowledge of GPU architectures and expertise with mobile graphics APIs (OpenGL ES, Vulkan, Metal) and shading languages (GLSL, MSL, SPIR-V).
- Experience with mobile performance optimization and profiling tools like Unity profiler and Xcode Instruments.
- Experience with professional iOS/Unity mobile development.
- BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Graphics or related field.
You might also have
- Cross-platform development experience especially with low-compute, low memory mobile platforms.
- Understanding of DevOps including version control, continuous integration, and development workflows.
- M.S or Ph.D degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Graphics or related areas
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.