Senior Software Test Engineer
5 days ago
Job Posting TitleSenior Software Test Engineer
SummaryWe are looking for a Sr. Software Test Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in software testing to join our team, which is responsible for cutting-edge technology supporting Aristocrat's gaming platforms and Game Development Kits, which are used in casinos and venues around the world.
The Sr. Software Test Engineer will work closely with a team of Development and Test Engineers to plan, perform and guide quality assurance activities that ensure the delivery of a high-quality gaming experience. This involves testing and reporting defects, reviewing defects reported internally and externally, assisting with a post-testing review for all releases, and maintaining the accuracy of all test documentation. Furthermore, the Sr. Software Test Engineer will mentor new and junior Software Test Engineers and foster a strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners.
What you'll do
- You will be responsible in quality ownership and driving quality initiatives on our gaming platform.
- You will provide technical assessments on features and identify scope of work and dependencies to meet test requirements.
- You will design, implement, and maintain test plans, test cases, and test configurations, as well as provide hands-on hardware configuration and test execution.
- You will provide technical guidance in identifying automation targets and developing white box test scenarios.
- You will assist in troubleshooting and debugging code to find the root cause of the issues and provide detailed information to the development team.
- You will participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- You will work with cross functional stakeholders to ensure we deliver a high-quality gaming experience.
- You will promote established processes and seek opportunities to streamline and improve both our technologies and our processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Excellent software testing skills with a strong understanding of software testing methodology, best practices and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience testing embedded software, SDK or commercial software product releases.
- Strong knowledge of any scripting language (e.g. python) is desirable.
- Understanding of C++ or C#
- Experience working with defect tracking and test management tools such as JIRA/Zephyr.
- Prior experience in the gaming industry is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with global stakeholders.
- Software debugging and troubleshooting skills using industry standard tools.
- Familiarity with profiling tools like Valgrind, Google Sanitizer.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to perform task efficiently, within deadlines.
- Possesses good problem-solving skills to address work-related issues and problems.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies is desirable.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent is highly desirable.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.