Associate Software Engineer in Test - Contractor
4 months ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Quality Engineer in our Cloud organization you will have the opportunity to use cutting edge web technologies to develop automated tests for Magic Leap’s Platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience developing tests for responsive modern web interfaces consuming REST based web services, remarkable problem solving skills, attention to detail, and a passion for testing.
- Building tools to help QA Engineers implement their own test scripts within the automation framework
- Striving to ensure that User Stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users
- Ensuring automation coverage and test execution is complete during each sprint and prior to release
- Support our Platform Quality Engineers in performing white-box testing when necessary
- Work to improve the quality, reliability and usability of your teams’ components
- Write new automation code at the component and integration level for your team’s components
- Learn how to identify quality API designs, functional requirements, and UI’s with your agile team
- Participate in continuous improvement of automation and test procedures through analyzing test coverage and test related metrics
- Identify quality risk for product changes and learn about strategies to address these risks
- Promote and participate in BDD within an agile team
- Review code and automation from other team members
- Help push testing and quality practices earlier in both development and design phases of building software
- Career minded individuals who are not afraid of challenges and like to problem solve.
- Motivated engineers who do NOT shy away from responsibility and new challenges.
- 1+ year of experience or coursework in automation and software engineering or testing required (API or UI).
- 1+ year of experience working with or knowledge of Agile, Scrum or SAFe frameworks preferred.
- 1+ year of experience or coursework working with web development preferred.
- Comfortable working with Linux / Mac / Windows operating systems.
- Experience testing production-quality web applications that consume REST services.
- Understanding of Test-Driven and/or Behavior-Driven Development.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.