This job might no longer be available.
Senior, Software Development Engineer in Test - Input & Connected Services contractor
7 months ago
Senior, Development Engineer in Test - Input & Connected Services
Onsite in Plantation, FL
Software Developer in Test for system test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. This position will focus on the test development, execution and requirements validation of our input & connected services and their functionality within our product. This includes driving the public certification of certain services to industry standards.
- Work with the software component and QA teams to define, develop, and execute white-box tests at the API level, black box tests, and system level tests that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of our Input and Connected services. Input Framework
- Bluetooth service (Protocol and Interoperability)
- This effort includes assisting in the certification of services on our platform were applicable Bluetooth SIG certification
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause issues or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing failure within a release
- Define and develop script or sampled applications to accomplish the assigned testing
This can occur in C++, Python, and Unity
- 5 years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications; graduates with applicable knowledge in the defined areas is acceptable
- Strong degree of knowledge or experience with validating Bluetooth protocols (BLE, classic BT) and profiles (MAP, HFP, HID, HOGP, GATT, PBAP, & A2DP)
- Knowledgeable on Git, Perforce, or other version control management system
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Good understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.