Our mobile engineers are dedicated to continually building new features for the tens of millions of people using our app every day. Come help us build the iOS version of a voice and text chat app that helps create meaningful relationships with each other! This will be an opportunity to shape the foundation and future of iOS at Discord.
Our small, but mighty mobile team are passionate about developing well-designed, scalable software that will create conversations, communities, and a place for belonging to our millions of users - while maintaining good work/life balance. We believe that a clean, simple, and elegant interface is pivotal to achieving the best user experience.
We’re looking for product-driven, thoughtful mobile engineers who have strong attention to detail, strong understanding of UX design, and very importantly, compassion for our users. We encourage our engineers to follow their interests while maintaining real ownership over their work.
What you'll be doing
- Refine and continue to modernize our iOS app in React Native and Objective-C (and Swift! Brackets be gone).
- Work on meaningful, large-scale, mobile-first initiatives to allow for users to have more delightful conversations, enjoy game perks (coming soon!), and support the product.
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and support from the team.
- Build intuitive features to improve the experience specifically for mobile users (this is still an open ended problem here! Help us come up with great new ideas).
- Collaborate with design, data, and business teams to build beautiful interfaces that look great and run smoothly.
- Proactively drive and improve the technical direction of mobile, bolstering the technical foundational, improving performance, and re-architecting as needed.