Senior Software Engineer - Words With Friends
11 days agoWords With Friends (WWF) is a group of passionate gamers whose mission is to connect the world through games. On our mobile engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take ownership over your work that reaches millions of daily users. We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high-quality service to millions of players every single day. Teamwork is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and nurture a better work environment.
Everyone here is committed to making our games the best experience for our players. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success!
Desired Skills and Experience
- Work on the Words With Friends mobile client team in React Native/Unity
- Architect, write, and ship elegant and maintainable code
- Collaborate with your team to build game features, robust systems and UI that looks great and runs smoothly
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure high quality
- Mentor others on the team to help them succeed
What we offer you
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field with at least 5 years of development experience
- Experience with Unity and /or React Native.
- Experience with backend technologies is a bonus.
- Experience in Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good mentoring skills
- Prior Game Development Experience
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.