Senior Software Engineer
9 days ago
The OTO team, now part of Unity, builds and deploys state-of-the-art acoustic signal processing and natural language understanding methods to gain insights from audio conversations. The challenge we are taking on revolves around moderating toxicity to make games safer, on a global scale!
As part of our growth following the acquisition of OTO, we are looking for a software engineer to help us bring Machine Learning technologies to production and shape the insights we provide to game developers on their communities. You, under the supervision of the Lead Engineer, will be working closely with a distributed team made up of Full stack developers, Machine Learning engineers, Data Scientists and Product owners to build new products and features.
This role, primarily based in Zurich, Switzerland is a unique opportunity to have an impact on billions of gamers worldwide, and grow in an open and supporting professional setting.
What you’ll be doing
- Building up and maintaining a backend architecture to process millions of hours of audio data
- Ensuring a reliable operation of all our services
- Building the next generation of products to ensure Safe communications in the Metaverse!
- Leading the design, problem decomposition, delivery and maintenance of new features
- Mentoring team members, collaborating across the organisation to deliver platform-level solutions and utilising your skills to figure out what to build and what to (re)-use
What we’re looking for
- Capable of developing and debugging backend and data processing code written in Python
- Working understanding of orchestration including docker and/or Kubernetes as well as experience with integrating third-party APIs, including REST APIs.
- Professional experience developing APIs
- Desire to work collaboratively within a multi-functional team to achieve the highest-value solution to satisfy the needs
- Curiosity about product development which puts the users first
You might also have
- Tensorflow or PyTorch knowledge
- Experience in crafting Machine Learning-based products
- Experience with MLOps
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.