Senior Software Engineer
13 days ago
Unity/Weta Digital's Engineering Department is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
The Software Engineering Department creates, develops and maintains tools for pipeline, procedural modelling and dressing, realtime rendering, 2D imaging, animation and VR. We aim to keep quality of Unity/Weta Digital’s products to the highest level also ensuring quantity and continuity in the production pipeline, easing users workflows and speeding up processes. As a software developer you will support a diverse range of areas in the Software Engineering Department.
- Collaborate with core team members to design, develop and support features that artists use daily
- Collaborate with core team members to design, develop and support APIs that developers and artists use daily
- Work within existing code bases to support APIs that other developers in the company are constantly using
- Learn and use Weta Digital’s proprietary renderers and scene manager APIs to extend and support features in a large variety of plugins that modellers, animators, lighters, compositors use in their workflow
- Plan and manage tasks for daily work load
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science or related
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- Good knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Experience developing reliable, maintainable, high-performance code
- Understanding of 3D procedural geometry and computer graphics
- Experience with DCC APIs such as Maya, Houdini, Motionbuilder and/or Renderman
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Parallel programming
- Ability to develop a productive relationship with users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra
- Experience with any of the following: OpenGL, CUDA, OpenCL
- Qt development
- Previous work in the visual effects and/or games industry
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.