Senior Software Developer, Live & Digital
2 months ago
At Unity, we're passionate about building great products that are appealing, innovative, and help our customers unlock their creative potential through the power of real-time 3D technologies. The Creators Software Developers team at Unity provides innovative experiences to both existing and new creators and across global markets.
As a Senior Software Developer for Mobile Creators, you will help make real-time 3D accessible to all digital creators, not just those who code. Unity sees an opportunity to provide more creative capabilities to the millions of people creating content on their mobile devices. It's your chance to help define a new product, and we are looking for someone who understands game engines and editing software in general as well as Unity in particular.
You will also work closely with different teams to prototype and then release products that delight and amaze our customers. We will be agile while prototyping and then focused on when it is time to shift to production. This is a new team that is excited to seek important problems for our Creators.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the technical solutions and architecture of a portion of the Social Creator experience
- Write high-quality code and automated tests as appropriate to maintain quality
- Be an advocate for good coding principles as part of a quality mentality within the whole team
- Collaborate closely with key partners from product, design and engineering
- Chip in with ideas to improve the final product
- Collaborate with teams in different locations across Unity, and ensure technical alignment as vital
What we're looking for
- Experience as a gameplay, graphics or generalist software developer in video games
- 1+ shipped commercial 3D game or application using Unity
- Development Languages: C# and/or C++
- Proficient in game coding, architecture and basic 3D math
- Proven experience in software development and standard methodologies
You might also have
- Experience with mobile and AR development
- Experience with building content creation tools
- Experience with graphics optimization or general game optimization
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.