Senior Software Engineer
11 days ago
In Helsinki, you will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on an unprecedented scale. You will be doing what Google does on the web – only you will be doing it in games! What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. We use Golang, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, NATS, Redis, MongoDB, Kubernetes and so much more! Stability, quality, and robustness of code is in the heart of Unity, as our advertising network reaches millions of gamers daily. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future.
Quality of service is paramount to our team as we are responsible for making sure that code is robustly tested to encourage incremental releases daily. Our model of continuous, multiple deployments on a daily basis, lets us move fast with small iterations validated by data.
We believe that if you have strong software development experience in architecturing backend services, a quality driven attitude and the right mindset for learning new things, then you're the person we’re looking for.
- Designing & develop new services and improving our existing services
- Architecturing and building robust microservice architecture solutions
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams
- Navigating between ground-level and big-picture views in software architecture
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. You will collaborate cross-functionally with other teams by clearly communicating ideas and solutions
- Strong programming skills. Our current primary language is Golang, but if you have strong experience with Python, Rust, NodeJS or Scala, it won’t be a blocker
- Strong understanding on building scalable backend services
- Good understanding on working with distributed systems, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Experience and understanding on NoSQL based distributed databases
- Experience with Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language
- Experience with Node.js is a plus, we have services which still use it
- Experience and understanding of container orchestration systems like Kubernetes , we run our services on GKE
- Experience with Terraform and Google Cloud Platform is a plus, we build and own our infrastructure
- Good understanding of messaging systems and their limitations
- Domain understanding on advertising networks ideally with some Real-Time Bidding
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.