Senior Software Engineer
9 days ago
At deltaDNA (a division of Unity Technologies) we provide services into the games industry, helping developers and publishers of games to engage with their player base in greater detail. Using our innovative analytical tools to understand player behaviour, our clients can then create the best in-game offers and perks. These tools help to create a better all round gaming experience for gamers which in turn helps to drive commercial success.
We are looking for a senior backend engineer to join our Player Engagement & Analytics team. You will be working within the team that works on the core of deltaDNA platform that drives our industry leading games analytics and engagement services, with the opportunity to help shape the future of the platform.
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs, leveraging lean and agile methodologies
- Write high-quality and scalable code that supports existing and future functionality of the products
- Be mindful of long-term ownership and maintenance costs from design through implementation, taking great care that work is high quality, and comprehensively documented
- Ensure quality by developing features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Continuously improve your engineering knowledge, leadership and collaboration skills with a variety of internal Learning and Development courses
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges that come with building distributed, highly available, and scalable, cloud based systems
- Comprehensive working knowledge of of Cloud Infrastructure: GCP, AWS, or similar
- Working knowledge of Java, Kotlin or similar
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end test frameworks
- Experience of interacting with NoSQL (e.g. BigTable, Cassandra, HBase, Mongo) and their concepts
- Experience working with an analytics focused database (Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience with container networking on Docker or similar containerization technologies
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.