This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer
20 days ago
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We’re scaling our efforts to increase developer efficiency, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
Our mission includes partnering with our internal development efforts to enable increased velocity and improved efficiency as we grow globally.
As a Senior Software Developer, you'll be part of a growing team passionate about self-service tools and infrastructure, powering the build/test automation on all Unity platforms. You’ll be passionate about technology with an appetite for learning and crafting highly usable tools, solutions and workflows. You’ll understand and have empathy for our users, guiding them to success and steering their future development needs.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect, develop, maintain and operate application services, systems automation and monitoring
- Collaborate effectively within and across teams
- Take part in technical discussions, investigate complex problems, research and collaborate on solutions
- Partner with product management and development teams across Unity, to deliver the best end-to-end developer experience.
- Support development peers with deeper technical investigations on issues
What we’re looking for
- Wide practical experience with Golang, but alternatively another C-like language
- Experience developing, deploying and operating container-based services
- Broad knowledge of networking, including routing and internet protocols
- Cross-platform knowledge of Linux, Mac and Windows to a super-user level
- Empathy for your users
You might also have
- Knowledge and experience of virtualisation technologies
- Experience with build systems and CI configuration
- Experience with configuration management systems
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.