Senior Software Engineer
17 days ago
The 2D Team is responsible for building and driving all 2D features at Unity. Through our effort in democratizing game development, there is more and more 2D content being made. Joining the 2D team means you are responsible for enabling our user’s success. The 2D team is completely in control of the 2D roadmap. The buck stops here, so to speak. If you want to be a part of a team that can truly make a difference, then this is it.
If you are also looking to put your experience in building a game engine and tools with great workflows in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world, you have come to the right place.
- Design, develop, maintain and evolve all 2D features to bring Unity engine to new heights
- Communicate with users and understand market needs so we are always on point when it comes to feature fit and delivering immense value to our users.
- Be a great team player and at the same time show immense drive to take any and all features to the class leading level.
- Experience in game industry preferably in a engine/tooling development
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Strong C++/C skills
- Strong C# skills
- Cross-platform development experience
- Unity development experience
- Experience developing 2D engines, workflows, tools
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Performance-minded development
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.