Senior Software Engineer - Commerce Products
1 month ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch is building experiences that allow Creators to have a career streaming on Twitch. The Commerce Products team builds and owns features at the forefront of this, i.e., Subscriptions and Cheering. The team is growing and needs an experienced engineer to lead transformations of our architecture, laying the groundwork for new experiences for years to come.
As a Senior Software Engineer reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will work with other engineers, product managers, UX designers and other leaders to create experiences on Twitch. You will be empowered to work across the stack, identifying endemic issues we should invest in, and areas to simplify. You understand application design best practices and operational excellence. You understand that your primary mission is creating customer value and you recognize that you need full stack familiarity to be successful.
You can work in Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; or Remote, US.
- Lead the design, development and operations of our software
- Create solutions that scale (100K - 500k TPS) and have resounding impact
- Partner with, coach and influence other engineers across the organization
- Independently identify and pursue architectural investments, both at the team and department level
- Partner with Product Manager, UX Designers and others to ship products
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, data modeling and schema design
- Experience leading architecture, design, and operational excellence in your prior team roles.
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer
- Proficient experience in a modern programming language, such as: Go, Java, C++, etc.
- Familiar with modern industry cloud infrastructure components - i.e., AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience building consumer-facing products
- Understanding of AWS Cloud Patterns and Best Practices
- Experience working on highly available, high traffic (100k+ TPS) applications
- Experience advocating for coding best practices, including patterns to improve testability and maintainability
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $148,350 - $217,400 yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6955
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.