Senior Software Engineer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer (Network Back-end, Voice)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
PlayStation Voice Experience is helping to innovate and create the next wave of voice experiences by building features that enable customers to interact with the PlayStation ecosystem using natural language. You will work alongside stakeholders in engineering, product, design, and research to build voice experiences for customers around the world.
Come help shape the future of the world’s largest gaming and media, immersive interaction and entertainment content distribution platform!
About the job:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Providing solutions that are simple, maintainable, and well abstracted
- Implements proof-of-concepts with new technologies
- Lead individual projects priorities and achieve results with your technical expertise
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- Excellent & methodical in troubleshooting & problem solving
- Phenomenal at profiling & optimization of code
- You have 5-8 years of experience building distributed and scalable software
- You have built software using Java or Go (Golang)or similar languages
- You have excellent understanding of service-oriented architecture and familiarity with microservices architecture
- You have knowledge of different data storage technologies like Cassandra, DynamoDB etc
- You understand virtualization technologies Docker and Kubernetes
- You have deep understanding of public cloud design like AWS, Azure or GCE
- You have shown success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles
- Machine Learning experience is a plus
- Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.