Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
16 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment is developing a core platform that will power the PlayStation 5. The Senior Software Engineer role will help design and develop our mission critical data activation platform. Come help shape the future of the world’s largest gaming, immersive interaction, and entertainment content distribution platform!
- End-to-end ownership of the development process; from working with product requirements to go-to-market strategy
- Identify performance bottlenecks and build solutions for them
- Build highly available and performant systems
- Play a pivotal role in Design, implement, ship, and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
- This position requires extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure within the AWS ecosystem.
- You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvements for the data platform
- Tackle scalability issues with innovative technologies
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Actively participates in rotational, on-call support for Production/critical issues
- Create required technical and user documentation
- Represent the team in technical forums, present designs, and share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness through usage of unit tests for portions of code delivered
- Propose and implement innovative solutions to customer use cases by collaborating with Product and engineering teams
- Experience developing high scale, distributed systems
- Experience building Data Platforms ground up dealing with Structured, and Unstructured data (Audio, video, text files, Images etc)
- Experience with one of the programming languages- Scala, Java, or Python
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Experience working with event streaming platforms (Kafka/Kinesis/SQS)
- Experience using Git in a workplace environment.
- Experience with distributed processing systems such as Apache Spark and/or Apache Flink
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives into the code, cloud networking, deployments, and architecture, and work closely with product
Your first 90 days:
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of the platform tech stack and infrastructure. You will have contributed to small features in the codebases and worked closely with the team to get up to speed with team processes. We will focus on making sure you have all the tools to succeed.
In 60 days, you will have a good grasp of different parts of the platform and are able to propose changes to improve it. You will work with your team to come up with designs and start developing.
In 90 days, you will know the platform in detail and are comfortable tackling large features and delivering them in a timely manner. You would have worked closely with the product and got a deep understanding of the roadmap and began design and development of large end to end solutions.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$160,900 — $241,300 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.