This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer
1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Engineer
San Diego or San Mateo, CA
At SIE, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more, directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this new commerce platform for physical goods, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will
- Develop, test and deploy highly available and scalable enterprise level distributed systems and services.
- Continuously improve software, tools, processes and push the limits of technology.
- Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Collaborate with our Product engineering teams to define product requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- 6+ years total experience as an engineer in an enterprise web development environment with Java 11+.
- 4+ years of full life cycle J2EE hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s)
- 4 + years of hands-on experience with Micro Services, REST, Java Web Services, JMS, XML, JSON, and messaging techniques
- 2+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features.
- 2+ years of performance testing, tuning and analysis experience.
- 2+ Years of hands on experience using APM tools like (DynaTrace, Splunk).
- Hand on experience with debugging, configuration and tuning of Application server, JVM, OS and databases.
- Proficient in agile software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building commerce and payments solutions.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Spring and Java certified.
- Experience with SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris) will be a distinct advantage.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$131,100 — $196,700 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.