Senior Software Engineer
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer to translate our product vision into reality and allow us to scale our PlayStation Network Monetization. As an Engineer in this function, you are passionate about scalable and highly available complex distributed systems and have a deep understanding of how they operate and fail
- Develop and test distributed software written in a variety of languages like Java, Kotlin, C++, Scala or Python
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and various other engineering teams to deliver highly visible features impacting business PlayStation end use
- Building & operating complex distributed systems involving microservices and APIs
- 5 years of experience creating, updating schemas in NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase or other similar technologies
- Experience deploying distributed code in container like Docker and Kubernetes
- Exhaustive use of various caching technologies like Redis, Memcached, Ehcache or Hazelcast
- 5 years of experience using cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience using search document stores like Elasticsearch, Sol or other Lucene based engine
- Create and run complex reports in data warehouse technologies like Snowflake, Netezza or other RDBMS
- Kubernetes (k8s) experience
- You are independent and self-driven; progress is often self-directed by teams & individuals
- High sense of ownership shows in your approach to work
Nice to have:
BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.