This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer
9 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will write software and technologies to help our art teams be more efficient in the way they make assets. The EA Create Tools and Technology team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life. You will report to a Team Development Director.
Day to day you will ...
- Work with customers (i.e. artists and engineers) to develop user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- Gather user requirements, design, implement, debug, test and maintain code with good quality.
- Evaluate and improve workflows to enhance group productivity.
Who you are:
- 5+ years' experience of software development
- Experience in modern C# and a working knowledge of recent .NET
- Experience implementing user Interfaces using WPF
- Experience in tool development that may include world editing tools, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems, GUI development or Unity
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, object-oriented design)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent training and professional experience
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with C++, unit testing frameworks (e.g. MBUnit, NUnit) and Source Code Control Systems (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
Experience in UX developmen
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.