Senior Software Engineer
22 days ago
HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf – presently working on Console and PC. We have an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a Senior Software Engineer and seasoned professional, you will utilize your expertise and contribute to the development of systems behind one of the fastest growing sports game series in the industry!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Own large sized features, or multiple small to medium ones, and work alongside other specialists on features and bugs.
- Write clear and maintainable code for large and highly complex software programs and systems.
- Design, develop, test and implement code that meets the required organization needs, standards, and priorities.
- Enforce coding standards and perform code reviews of other software engineers.
- Set objectives for assigned areas and communicate progress of work and roadblocks that could impact agreed upon schedules.
- Identify and resolve technical problems and risks while presenting possible solutions as needed.
- Support the determination of approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Build relationships and collaborate with software engineers and across the development team.
- Provide mentorship and facilitate learning for less experienced team members.
- Continue to learn and hone skills while staying up to date with technical advancements.
- Write documentation for other programmers to use.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically a minimum of 4 to 6+ years of experience in game programming.
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related field.
- Expertise with a game engine (Unity/Unreal) and C++/C# programming.
- Proven expertise in an area(s) of specialization (i.e., artificial intelligence, rendering, user interface, audio, etc.).
- Applied math skills (matrices, vectors, algebra, etc.)
- A reliable teammate with the ability to work independently.
- A strong communicator in both verbal and written forms.
- A detail-oriented person with flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- A self-motivated and organized individual capable of balancing multiple priorities.
If you are interested in joining HB Studios, please apply today with your resume and portfolio!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.