Senior Software Engineer
6 months ago
Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe outstanding games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play! As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Austin studio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to chip in on the next iteration of the award-winning NBA2K franchise on the Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in developing and implementing new gameplay features across a diverse codebase
- Provide feedback on product schedules and task estimates
- Write clean, robust, readable, well-documented, and efficient code that can be easily understood by other team members; be a strong teammate that can handle code and suggestions coming from collaborators
- Be receptive to the assignment flexibility required in an agile startup team environment
- Help mentor associates on the team and contribute to guiding projects through the development cycle
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit:
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- Experience with AAA Games
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Experience with a broad range of platforms and programming languages, especially C/C++
- Experience with Object Oriented programming techniques and robust engineering practices
- Experience with software development patterns
- Experience with 3D math
- Experience with common development tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Git, Jira, Perforce)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience with recent generation game console and mobile app development
- Experience with graphics programming
- Game engine experience (Unity 3D, Unreal Engine, Etc...)
As a part of the 2K family, Visual Concepts offers wonderful benefits, the chance to contribute to an award-winning franchise, and real career growth for all levels of experience. If you feel your experience, passion for video games, and desire to make an impact are a match to the criteria outlined above, then we would love to hear from you!
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.