Senior Software Engineer
5 days ago
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple technologies, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is growing due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Mass Media is the premier engineering group for 2K Publishing’s Global Services. Since 1995, we’ve developed deep and multifaceted engineering expertise in video games. Whether it's platform optimization, multiplayer/networking, rendering, console certification, tools, and pipelines – we’ve done it all! Because we're part of Global Services Technology, we're at the heart of all our games. We provide the engineering to support the matrix of platforms and storefronts of today, innovative technical solutions to the problems of tomorrow, and connective tissue across 2K's studios! In short, when some of the best studios in the world have needs, we can answer the call.
What We Need
We are looking for a passionate software engineer who has a high bar for the quality of their code as well as a desire to make outstanding games. In this role you will collaborate with fellow engineers and producers to address a wide variety of engineering challenges such as online multiplayer, performance optimization, and console porting. If you're looking to expand your skill set, push your limits in taking on the toughest problems that no one else wants to tackle, and get your hands on some exceptional IP, then this is right position for you.
What You'll Do
- Be involved with multiple projects at the same time
- Craft and develop data and code following mentorship from programming leads
- Work independently to implement new in-game functionality
- Quickly adapt to new coding environments and programming standards
- Collaborate with other programmers to write code, fix bugs, and implement new features
- Analyze game performance and implement optimizations in both high and low-level code to compensate
- Design and build standalone tools as needed to assist project development
- Help design and implement code for multi-processor environments
- Work with other team members to implement complex systems
- Work with teams in other companies to help them deliver finished products
Required Experience and Skills
- Sophisticated programming experience in C/C++
- Scripting languages (C#, Lua, Perl, Python)
- Experience on console development (Nintendo, Sony, Xbox)
- Analytics/debugging experience (PIX, RAD, Visual Studio)
- Proven familiarity with 3D math, audio processing, graphics and physics
- Familiarity with AI, data manipulation, file systems, networking, streaming
- Ability to manage large codebases with multiple branches
- Ability to quickly locate, replicate, and fix taxing bugs
- Passionate video game enthusiast
- Audio experience (Fabric, FMOD, Wwise)
- Engine experience (CryEngine, Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Physics experience (Bullet, Havok, PhysX)
- Source control experience (GitHub, Perforce, SVN)
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in computer science
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.