This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, XR Runtimes
14 days ago
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. We are investing heavily in these areas in order to make our users successful on whatever their chosen platform is. By joining the XR Runtimes team, you will contribute to the development of next-generation AR technologies that go beyond what is possible with AR today. You will be directly involved with both forward-looking internal development and with partners in order to shape this exciting new space.
While working in a collaborative group environment, you will be provided opportunities to help learn and continue growth in programming and interaction design. If you are passionate about the XR space and want to help achieve its full potential, Unity should be the next stop in your career!
What you’ll be doing
- Working individually or within a small group to design and develop next-generation of AR runtimes and tooling
- Collaborating with other teams within R&D to help bring cohesive and user-friendly experiences to developers
- Daily writing of fast, maintainable code in C++ and C#
- Working with DOTS, unity’s Data Oriented Technology Stack to deliver high-performance accessible features
- Writing automated tests around new or existing functionality while partnering closely with embedded QA to establish standard methodologies, investigation of issues, and quality of code written
What we’re looking for
- Advanced C/C++ skills, C# development experience
- Desire to learn and grow and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Passion for performance, code analysis, and debugging tools
- Excitement about AR and the possibilities in that space
- Performance-minded development and cross-platform development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with global partners
You might also have
- Prior development experience with AR/VR, such as ARCore, ARKit, OpenXR, Oculus, WinMR, Magic Leap, etc.
- Game engine development experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tool
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.