Senior Software Engineer, Web
20 days ago
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating interactive, real-time 3D (RT3D) content. We continue to empower creators across industries and around the world!
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer for Unity Teams Tools and Services. You will join a team focused on creating the next-generation version control and CI/CD solutions for real time 3D.
This means creating amazing tools for a wide variety of users involved in creating 3D content that ranges from programmers, artists and producers in games, to film makers, engineers, architects and beyond.
You’ll be contributing to Unity Cloud Build, Plastic SCM and beyond, creating amazing web interfaces.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, implement, test, and maintain high performance, ambitious user interfaces and cutting edge frameworks and tools
- Operate within a distributed team, collaborating with colleagues all around Unity
- Work very closely with UX designers, product managers and with backend developers to design good APIs
- Partner with engineers throughout the product to build a seamless web experience
- Offer mentorship, code reviews, and clear documentation for fellow engineers
What we’re looking for
- Solid programming skills and industry experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full development life cycle (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, etc.)
- Experience mentoring engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
You might also have
- Working knowledge of the Unity game engine or the game industry in general
- Solid DevOps and version control experience (Git, Plastic SCM, Perforce)
- Experience with our stack (Node.js, Golang, Postgres, C#, GCP, Kubernetes) is helpful, but not required - we are looking for great people that have a track record of solving problems in similar domains (AWS, and Azure experience is also welcome).
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.