This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer - Video Platform
28 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
The Video Ingest Contribution team manages all the systems related to the termination and ingestion of creator content for Twitch/ Amazon IVS. Additionally the team owns both control and data planes powering our nascent low-latency Real Time Communications (RTC) infrastructure.
You are a generalist and have a solid foundation in the fundamentals of computer science and distributed systems.
You will report to the Director of Video - Ingest Contribution. You can be located in Seattle, WA, Salt Lake City, UT or Remote US
- Develop proposals to solve complex technical problems with other engineers, senior management and other teams in the Video Platform organization with the objective of delivering the best experience for our customers
- Contribute with code and system design to the ecosystem of our services, frameworks and libraries
- Provide operational support of our systems including participation in an on-call rotation.
- Participate in the hiring of future team members and mentoring of other engineers
- BS or Masters in Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience with software testing methods such as unit testing, functional testing, stress testing, performance testing, and failure injection.
- 5+ years of experience operating production services at scale
- Go, C/C++
- RealTime Video / Media experience (RTMP, RTP, WebRTC, SIP , etc. )
- Computer Networking experience (TCP/IP, UDP , etc. )
- Expert with AWS tools and best practices
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $ 178,020 – 217,580 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6971
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.