Senior Software Engineer Unreal Engine (Remote/Hybrid)
5 months ago
You may not know us, but you certainly know our clients: Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Square and many others. At Pipeworks, we create innovative, best-selling, cross-platform live games for top-tier publishers and properties. We have been creating hits since 1999, and we are seeking exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial game creators as we lead into the future of digital entertainment.
Pipeworks Studios is looking for a senior engineer with deep expertise with developing games in Unreal Engine to help us develop our next big game (unannounced) from the ground up.
This position is open to individuals that are interested in full-time employment, as well as those interested in working on a consulting basis.
- Champion Unreal Engine best practices to the development team
- Design and architect new game features
- Define Unreal project folder structures and conventions
- Help optimize workflows, iteration times, and overall developer quality of life
- Write easily maintained game code using the appropriate combination of blueprints and C++
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications below.
- Minimum 10 years professional game development experience with at least 2 shipped Unreal Engine titles
- Ability to communicate effectively across all disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of modern C++
- Experience with:
- Using Perforce with Unreal
- Large scale multiplayer game development
- Performance optimization in Unreal
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Pipeworks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2021 Diversity Report.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.