Senior Software Engineer - Unity
Burnaby, British Columbia
8 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , or unleash your creativity on original IP. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite , work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs' newest game project is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join our growing team. Someone who is passionate about both game development and playing collectible card games would find a great fit and find a strong community here.
Working on core systems in a Unity engine, this role requires someone to be curious and creative in their problem solving abilities. Collaboration is also a key component during all phases of development, as this role will be integral to the team and all it's stakeholders.
- Work closely with a game development team on core systems work
- Execute on software development tasks both independently and collaboratively
- Test software and address bugs, as needed
- Provide task duration estimations and reports on progress, as needed
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- 4+ years of game development experience
- Fluency in C# and Unity
- Core systems experience
- Experience shipping a mobile or console game
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Proficiency in C++ is highly valued
- Experience optimization in Unity
- Experience in shipping AAA titles
- Lead experience
- Support in developing more Junior engineers
- A passion for games, especially collectible card games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.