Senior Unity Game Engineer (Features)
5 months ago
GSN Games, a Scopely company, is a leading developer in mobile and social games. You will be working within TriPeaks Studio, a fun, tightly-knit group of developers who take pride in crafting high quality mobile experiences.
You will be a key contributor on Solitaire TriPeaks , our studio’s most successful app and a top 50 grossing game on both iOS and Android (and still growing)!
Play TriPeaks Here : iOS: http://bit.ly/tripeaks-ios Android: http://bit.ly/tripeaks-android
Our team is very passionate and focuses on learning and iterating. We highly value work-life balance with flexible hours and a generous time-off policy. The team has been working remotely since COVID but previously worked out of our office in Mountain View, CA. This role can be local or remote (US).
About Your Role:
You will be working with multiple disciplines in the TriPeaks Features lane to create new tentpole features and iterating on existing core mechanics.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Investigating live-game issues and fixing them on the fly.
- Managing your schedule and estimating work in an iterative, agile environment.
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship for other engineers.
- Tool creation and improvement to enable the team and streamline development.
- Actively suggesting and implementing solutions to improve the game experience and development process.
- Expressing your creativity as a game developer!
- 4+ years professional experience as a game developer.
- Strong, proven skills with Unity 3D and C#.
- Service-oriented mindset toward teammates and users.
- Ability to balance pragmatic and ideal engineering practices.
- High comfort level extending an established code base.
- Excellent ability to communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical team members.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with or strong desire to learn:
- Client-server architectures
- Java, GAE, HTTP, and REST
- SQL and database queries
- TDD and unit testing frameworks
- iOS or Android mobile development experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
- Passion for video games and a familiarity with mobile/F2P.
- Deep understanding of Unity systems for mobile : 3D graphics/rendering and shaders, memory usage, load times/asset management, performance analysis and optimization.