This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, UI - World of Warcraft
17 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, UI - World of Warcraft
Do you spend your time inventing new ways to interact with a digital world that are elegant, intuitive, and immersive? We are seeking a UI engineer to join our Experimental Gameplay team with the talent to make great UI through skill, creativity and passion!
Can you identify and solve challenges within an existing yet constantly evolving code base? As a highly collaborative and rapidly iterating team, we need engineers who are comfortable working closely with designers to develop a shared vision and see it through to prototyping and then on to completion.
We view user interface design as an art form, and we feel Blizzard is a special place to ply your craft. Here you’ll be in a creative environment and encouraged to innovate and do your best work. We’re on a quest to iterate for the best experience and to look at interactions and gameplay from new angles. If you share our excitement and passion for what we hope to do with UI, we want to hear from you!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do…
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to establish a shared vision for compelling UI features focused on experimental gameplay.
- Implement functional and elegant UI features from paper designs and prototypes.
- Develop back-end functionality to support front-end features.
- Constantly observe and learn latest programming techniques.
To succeed, you must have…
- Experience with C++
- Strong data structures, logic and algorithm skills
- A minimum of 5 years of programming experience
- Able to communicate effectively with team members from design, art, and production.
- Passion for playing and making games
We’re also interested in hearing about…
- Experience with developing UI modifications for World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We strive to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.