Senior Software Engineer UI/UX
6 days ago
As a UI/Tools software developer in the Render Pipeline group, you will participate building impactful workflows for content creation and cutting-edge artist-facing features for Unity graphics. Working with technical artists, UX designers, and other engineers you will help design the future workflows of our Scriptable Render Pipelines. Our group's mission is to build the most scalable and extensible render pipeline environment.
Imagine a team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it.
You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building pipelines that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team at a company that jealously guards work-life balance.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. The desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on the paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes. Our diversity is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with a cross-discipline team and technical artists to provide highly productive and effective art and content pipelines
- Develop and maintain high-quality UI and tools for authoring cutting edge content
- Build and maintain production-quality rendering and content creation workflows code
- Invent, extend, and maintain features, workflows, and tools
- Build relationships with Unity's internal development teams to gather requirements and feedback
What we’re looking for
- Confirmed programming skills in C# and knows C++
- Ability to develop UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches and scripting languages
- Ability to profile, analyse, and improve performance
- Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge with others
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
You might also have
- Experience in AAA or AA-game development as a Graphics or Tools developer
- Familiarity with real-time computer graphics and Unity's UIToolkit
- You are comfortable working with a large multi-threaded codebase in a cross-platform environment
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.