Senior Software Engineer, UI Framework - Client
6 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As an engineer for the Client Engine initiative your main responsibility will be to design and develop our custom UI Framework. You will support and be supported by a team of technical/UI/UX designers who will build features using our custom UI framework and drive the requirements for it.
Who you are
- You are an engineer with a good understanding of the requirements of modern game UI and you have worked with various UI systems before
- You have strong fundamental programming skills and can build robust, highly scalable systems from the beginning all the way to completion
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring colleagues; in fact you’d like to think people enjoy working with you.
- You understand what makes a good API/system for developers and technical designers
Some of your role
- Build new and maintain existing systems/features, such as animation, i18n or layout algorithm, for our custom UI framework that is part of our C# game engine
- Collaborate with technical/UI/UX designers, understand their needs and build new systems that allow them to build great UI experiences.
- Think as an architect first and maintain a body of work that is well reasoned and maintainable over the long haul
- Champion the creator and make sure that tools and systems are as easy to use as possible
- Break down complex design requests into actionable iterations
- Elevate the team by challenging and discussing ideas, striving for high quality systems, and maintaining a focus on innovation
- 4 or more years professional experience
- Experience with rendering APIs
- Experience developing networked applications.
- Comfortable working with an existing code base.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities in code and through system design.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization using profilers like YourKit, dotTrace or dotMemory.
- Able to break down complex tasks into small actionable iterations.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.