Senior Software Engineer - Top Grossing CCG (Potential for remote work)
8 days ago
We’re looking for outstanding engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for gameplay, physics, networking, tools and/or graphics we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Work closely with artists and designers to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Author technical design documents for the team which specify what will be developed and how
- Provide time estimates and development plans for feature development
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Provide ongoing support to artists and designers
- Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace.
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Strong programming and software architecture skills
- Experience working in C#
- Experience working in C++
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
- Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
- Has a passion for games and plays them regularly
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Preference to Applicants with
- Experience developing apps or games for mobile platforms
- Experience developing games with the Unity Game Engine
- Experience with live operations
- Database development experience with SQL
- Experience developing HTTP APIs for a web service
- Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
- Experience developing games using agile methodologies
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible mobile games like Marvel Puzzle Quest. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.