Senior Software Engineer, Tools
24 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Tools
Who’s up for an adventure?
Our small yet ambitious team is looking for a senior tools engineer to join our crew. Do you like exploring new ideas? Leveling up your skills? Being a great teammate? Then read on!
Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, collaborative people with exceptional talents. We are looking for a talented and experienced engineer to join our team working on a brand-new project. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
Your role on this unannounced project will give you the chance to build core technologies from almost the ground up to drive the project’s entire development process, with ample room for career growth. You will help create the technical vision for a burgeoning tools department that will drive best-in-class gameplay, art, and audio experiences. When particularly hard problems arise, you'll collaborate with fellow members of the team and project leadership to define and implement a technical vision that meets the project's needs.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Partner with design, art, engineering, and audio to implement or improve tools to meet the project’s needs.
- Evaluate internal/external technology and tools with the goal of sourcing and integrating technology that meets project requirements and goals.
- Develop efficient, maintainable, and scalable tools and technology.
- Author documentation and communicate best practices and technical constraints of the engine and tools stack to team members.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality.”
- Have fun making something awesome with a great team!
- At least 4 years of relevant experience developing game team tools pipelines.
- Extraordinary self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven experience shipping on mobile (iOS/Android).
- Advanced knowledge of languages such as C#, C++, lua, etc.
- Experience with managing source control systems, especially git.
- Experience with build pipelines, continuous integration, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with distribution, linux servers, Docker, etc.
- Passion for tools and software development with a service-oriented attitude.
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other development engines.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Experience with Document stores (NoSQL) or Relational Databases (SQL).
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values.
- A love of RPG games (tabletop or computer).