This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, Tools - Unannounced Project
1 year ago
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Are you skilled at building great tools and workflows? Our team of talented developers is working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. If you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that embraces collaboration and has a real passion for all things Diablo, then stay a while, and listen.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced senior tools engineer to join the Diablo Team. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll interface with designers, artists, and game programmers as you help develop and refine our in-house toolset. If you’ve got a keen eye for usability, outstanding people skills, and a solid engineering background, then come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
- Improve how Diablo content is authored through the design, implementation, and support of various software tools
- Work with multiple teams to evaluate workflows and identify areas of improvements
- Implement new features as well extend existing features
- Support the team by responding to issues, answering questions, and fixing bugs
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing tools in a large-scale production environment
- Excellent development skills and debugging techniques
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in C#, .NET, and WPF
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and how they relate to performance
- Passion for gaming and game development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience with MVVM
- Experience with C++
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Strong sense of UX design
- Passion for Diablo or other ARPGs
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.