Senior Software Engineer, Tools (Server) - World of Warcraft
27 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Tools (Server) - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft (WoW) team is looking for someone to help us develop internal services which will support tools empowering our designers. You will manage complex data and improve the flexibility, robustness, and performance of our data pipeline.
The WoW team is built on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem-solving. As a group, we are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so creating a gaming experience like no other. As an engineer on the Tools team, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We’re looking for an engineer with qualities above and beyond engineering. We want a person who enjoys working in a group setting; who speaks artist, designer, and geek with equal fluency; and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and collaboration.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and build services and tools to expand the flexibility of WoW’s data pipeline
- Communicate with other WoW groups to troubleshoot pipeline issues and to discover improvement opportunities
- Maintain services and tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Maintain collaborative connections with users and QA
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Passion for tools development and user experience
- Strong, proven programming skills in C# and/or C++
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
- Strong experience with SQL databases -- database and query design, and programming language bindings
- Experience with concurrent programming and debugging techniques
- Experience communicating and collaborating with teammates and non-technical users
- Strong debugging skills
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Detailed knowledge of TCP and HTTP
- Experience developing REST- or RPC-style web services
- Experience with containerization, deployment, and orchestration technologies
- Linux proficiency
- Active World of Warcraft player
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!