Senior Software Engineer (Tools) - League of Legends, Content Efficiency
9 days ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with both new and current technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to bring player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Content Efficiency Team , you will develop against the core suite of tools used in the content development of League of Legends. The weight of the position requires collaboration with technology owners across all other game projects (gameplay mechanics, skin development, etc.) to make sure we have a thoughtful set of tools that content creators can use. For this role, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those partners. Our tools are written in C++ that make heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX and we also use Python for several utility needs.
- Work closely with partners across multiple teams to ensure we're delivering awesome features to excite them
- Define or contribute to technical discussions/designs on your team
- Maintain code ownership over your team's frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Provide mentorship for your team members and help hold them accountable for making smart calls and delivering player value
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- 3+ years of deep hands-on experiences with C/C++ spanning several use-cases and platforms
- Experience leading the development of several medium to large-sized features (4 - 8+ week scope), including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
- Championed software development best practices within your organization
- Experience working within game development pipelines (animation, VFX, environment, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. The balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).