Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure (Build)
6 months ago
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War , Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire . We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Machine Zone is seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer to support its development teams and ensure their development pipelines are running as efficiently as possible. Tools engineers work closely with both software engineers and product managers to provide efficiency tooling and maintain pipelines. Success in this role requires a passion to continually improve processes and optimize inefficiencies. Tools engineers also work closely with infrastructure teams, helping design and maintain automation systems for the company. This is your chance to be a part of mobile history!
- Work as part of a larger tools team to enhance and accelerate MZ development and infrastructure teams
- Own regular delivery of product applications and delivery pipelines
- Develop and maintain productivity tools for the company to increase velocity
- Build and maintain kubernetes production pipelines
- Manage and deploy build systems and servers with Linux and Mac OSX operating systems
- Support iOS and Android release pipelines
- Utilize Jenkins for build requirements for product teams
- Work with new products and project teams to define and develop processes and tooling
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Highly proficient with Python in a production environment
- Comfortable driving user experience decisions in tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Version control experience with a major source control system, such as Perforce, Git, or Subversion
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in building and maintaining tool-chains
- Experience with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud-based Application Infrastructure
- Proficient with Mac OSX and Linux
- Experience with Game Development Cycles
- Experience with Unity
- Proficient with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Experience programming in C/C++, Lua, PHP, Obj-C, or Java
- Experience with package and automation tools like Puppet or Ansible
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.