This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer - Unreal Engine
8 months ago
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - UNREAL ENGINE
Who We Are:
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studios in Novato, CA; Orange County, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We are seeking a talented Senior-level Software Engineer to join our development efforts on an exciting new game! Within this role, you’ll be focused on building new technology and adapting existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements and ambitions.
What You Will Do:
- Implement and improve a variety of fast and efficient core game software using Unreal Engine 4
- Help provide architectural oversight across the entire game
- Collaborate across the studio to devise optimal engineering solutions to technical challenges
- Participate on development of low-level systems like streaming, serialization, and efficient memory management
- Research new techniques to continually improve our game technology
- Other tasks as needed
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Passion for real time performance in games
- Extensive experience working on games at or near the engine level
- Experience in programming for current-gen game consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
- Experience working on systemic gameplay systems or core engine technology
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as a software engineer, preferably within a technology role and with the Unreal Engine
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Superb understanding of modern C / C++ fundamentals
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Capability to write clean, bug-free, well-documented, and efficient code
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player