Senior Software Engineer
10 days ago
The SuperAwesome Mission
SuperAwesome is building a safer internet for the next generation. We’ve pioneered the tech sector for youth audiences: creating solutions that enable brands and developers to engage safely and at scale with kids and teens. SuperAwesome technology powers over 12 billion digital touchpoints with young audiences across rich media and video ads, creator content, social communities, gaming, and parental consent. We are the biggest youth-focused tech team on the planet, solving the challenges of engagement with the under-20 audience. At the intersection of technology, law, media and policy, working with us gives you a chance to shape what the internet of the future looks like. As a part of Epic Games since September 2021, together we’ve opened up a whole new window of opportunity to create responsible, immersive digital experiences for kids and teens. It’s a unique, challenging, and rewarding environment.
What You'll Do
You will help us to create a successful dedicated SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team within KWS to centralise our work on the resilience and performance of the production environment. The team will be both responsive to the needs of the production system and have a backlog of proactive work to support the reliability of KWS; you will be working across both of these strands.
In this role, you will
- Implement tools and systems to monitor and ensure the reliability of KWS
- Work with KWS Product teams to ensure production readiness prior to release
- Provide expert advice and support across KWS
- Contribute to our strategy for building resilience into our use of third party services
- Define and monitor SLOs across KWS and provide monitoring and alerting for them
What we're looking for
- Solid software engineering background
- Experience and interest in infrastructure and reliability
- Experience in efficient and effective monitoring of cloud-deployed systems
- Great communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Willingness to take part in on-call rota as part of the team
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our people are at the heart of what we do and the driving force behind our growth and success. We value individuality and understand the importance of building a workplace where everyone can truly belong. We believe that supporting everyone to be their full selves helps them to reach their potential, that’s why we offer competitive benefits, perks and learning opportunities. We have employee resource groups in place for mental health and DEI helping to ensure everyone can truly be ‘SuperAwesome’, helping us to build a safer internet for the next generation!