Senior Software Engineer - Storage Infrastructure
5 days ago
The Storage Infrastructure team builds and operates large-scale database systems that serve Discord's more than 150M monthly active users. We provide reliable and performant data storage services storing 100s of billions of data points. We're a small team who's work has a huge impact on our company's success and ability to grow. If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
What you'll be doing
- Build reliable and performant transactional data storage systems that are friendly to operate.
- Collaborate with product and infrastructure teams to develop storage services that facilitate their success.
- Help influence our storage infrastructure roadmap
- Exercise First Principles Thinking to always deliver what matters most to our users.
- Mentor and help grow junior engineers.
- Work with a talented team of engineers who have built one of the largest communication platforms in the world.
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience building distributed systems and infrastructure
- Experience with distributed databases (Cassandra, Scylla, DynamoDB, BigTable, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux internals
- Experience solving complex distributed system problems. Knowledge of monitoring and alerting best practices.
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments.
- Experience with Rust.
- Experience working with systems deployed in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Knowledge of DevOps tools like Salt, Terraform or Kubernetes.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today—a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.