Senior Software Engineer, Server
21 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Server
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Software Server Engineer to join the development of Blizzard's gaming efforts. We are looking for an experienced developer to help architect and implement the server technology to support the needs of game simulation and online service integration.
In addition to having the usual technical chops, we want to hear from qualified engineers who have an exceptional passion for games and finding simple solutions to complex problems. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with engineers, designers, and producers to create compelling and epic features that will deeply engage players for years to come. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the design and implementation of server architecture.
- Design and implement server-side components of gameplay features.
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support evolving needs.
- Work side by side with QA, design, production, and other engineers to solve some of our most complex problems.
- Participate in the ongoing effort to improve our server infrastructure, with the goal of achieving ever increasing service availability.
- Coordinate with embedded and external teams, creating relationships and assisting with shared initiatives that advance the development of the game.
- Conduct research to acquire the knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially "Gameplay First."
- Proficient in C++.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with protocol and API design.
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher-level protocols.
- Prior development experience on distributed systems and client/server architectures.
- Experience with storage technologies (SQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc.).
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passion for video games.
- Linux development experience.
- Familiar with security considerations (encryption, denial of service).
- Experience with cloud/virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure.
- Experience with code optimization.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language such as Python.
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!