Senior Software Engineer, Server - World of Warcraft
8 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Server - World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a software engineer to join the World of Warcraft server team. The ideal applicant is someone who wants to help our players get the best out of their investment in World of Warcraft and enjoys doing so in a highly collaborative and inclusive environment.
While working with the World of Warcraft team, you will collaborate with disciplines outside engineering and with teams outside of World of Warcraft to understand and solve problems related to WoW’s in-game shop and other value-added game services. You will work on one of the largest and most-successful MMOs ever, helping players by providing services that help them play more easily with their friends, customize their player experience, or express their love of the game by purchasing collectables.
The technologies you will use to accomplish this include C++, Linux, Oracle, and SQL, so experience with one or more of these is required.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Maintain, implement, and design World of Warcraft in-game shop features and systems
- Work with other teams to meet in-game shop requests and needs
- Trouble and resolve issues with the live service
- Implement instrumentation and testing strategies to ensure correct functionality of features
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Strong programming skills, focusing on wrangling complexity into simple, maintainable code
- Experience with support or development of backend services
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following: C++, Linux, Oracle, SQL, Jenkins, Lua, optimization, multithreading, networking, distributed systems
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has not changed: we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.