Senior Software Engineer , Server - World of Warcraft - Warcraft 3
8 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer , Server - World of Warcraft - Warcraft 3
The Warcraft Franchise is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team. This position maintains and develops features for both Warcraft III Remastered and World of Warcraft. This includes working on infrastructure and developing tools to build the game. We are looking for an engineer who is excited to architect and implement server technology at a global scale to create amazing experiences for our players. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a group setting and speaks fluently with non-technical developers.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do…
- Design and develop systems and services for the World of Warcraft game or development team
- Maintain and help improve Warcraft III Remasters’ full stack of systems and services
- Identify and resolve issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Maintain performance, stability, and error-free operations
- Participate and contribute to our culture of inclusion and diversity
- Communicate and collaborate with a wide range of roles
To succeed, you must have…
- Experience in a software engineering role or equivalent
- Experience working with an object-oriented programming language
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
We’re also interested in hearing about…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with C++
- Experience working on software projects or teams
- Understanding of World of Warcraft gameplay and systems
- Understanding of Warcraft III Remastered gameplay and systems
- Experience working with Databases and with SQL languages
- Experience learning, working in, and maintaining large codebases
- Experience working on Live/Dev Ops and supporting Live services
- Experience working and debugging on the Linux operating system
- Experience in the design and architecture of game systems, platforms, or tools
- Understanding of client/server architecture
- Experience with code optimization