This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, Search Platform
San Francisco, CA, United States
2 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer,Search Platform
Location: San Francisco, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is developing an intelligence platform that will power the PlayStation Network. The Senior Software Engineer role will help architect, design, and develop our critical search platform. You will help shape the future of the world’s largest gaming, immersive interaction and entertainment personalized search platform.
- Design and develop near-real-time distributed systems to deliver personalized search experience across the PlayStation products
- End to end ownership of the development process; from working with product requirements to go-to-market strategy
- Build highly available and performant systems
- Design, implement, ship and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
- Seek scalability issues with innovative technologies
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Identify search relevance/ranking model industry trends and build roadmap for adoption
- BS/MS or Ph.D in Computer Science or related technical field ; 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience developing high scale, distributed systems for information retrieval system like Lucene/Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience in Social Graph Search
- Expertise in Java and familiar with Spark
- Work with Spring Boot, Kafka, Graph database, Docker and Kubernetes in current role
- Built and developed Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Ability to balance periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Conduct technical deep dives into the code, cloud networking, deployments, and architecture, and work closely with product and operation
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.