Senior Software Engineer, Scala
9 days ago
Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our Ad Exchange team and help us build the best advertising platform for mobile developers. You'll work on a system that processes tens of thousands of requests per second and conducts a real-time auction to find and deliver the most effective ads from the Chartboost Network or those of our global partners. We trust our engineers to own this critical system and handle the full life cycle of feature development, from initial design all the way to shipping into production.
Our system is written in Scala and has plenty of opportunities to flex your distributed, low-latency programming muscle, using technologies like akka-actors, akka-http, cats, circe, protocol buffers and others.
Impact you will make:
- Responsible for design, implementation and testing of our Ad Exchange platform
- Work effectively with other engineers, system architects, QA, and Operations teams to implement enhancements and issue resolutions
- Participate in technical discussions; come up with innovative ways to improve the product and process
- Troubleshoot issues with application, technologies, and infrastructure
- Continuously improve your technical knowledge
- Think creatively and work independently - collaborating with others as needed to maximize efficiency and throughput
- Deliver quality work on time while driving developer productivity across the organization
- You’re the type of engineer that appreciates clean code and has experience in writing unit tests to keep the utmost in code quality
- Mentor junior engineers and exemplify a working style of best development practices
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of Scala programming experience
- You have a deep understanding of microservices and hands-on experience implementing them at scale
- You are experienced with software development in high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
- You have experience working with Agile development
The following experience would be a plus:
- Ad Tech
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Bigtable, etc)
- Working with Distributed Messaging services, like Kafka
- Strong skills in Data engineering
- Managing Cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP)
- Familiarity with Git and/or Bitbucket
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.